[Flac] Converting collection to 1.1.3

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 11:12:57 PST 2006

--- Frank Russo <russofris at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So, if I have a 50,000 flac files with perfect metadata encoded with
> <=1.1.2, I should...
>
> find . -type f -name "*.flac"  -exec flac -8 {} \; -print
>
> And come back to my computer in about 24-48 hours?
>
> I've tested it on a small dir tree and it seemed to be fine. I just
> wanted
> to make sure though, before having to re-tag a couple terabytes of
> data.
> This is actually a serious post, if someone knows a better/safer way
> to do this automagically, I'm all ears.

I would add -V and log all output to a file.  also, someone has
reported that if the input FLAC file has errors and you use --force,
the transcoded file will only have data up to the error, and I still
have to look into this.  so safer still would be

... -exec sh -c 'flac -t {} && flac -8V {}' \; ...

Josh