[Flac] What's ReplayGain effect on a decompressed file (Flac to Wav)

Eliezer Martinez hermes_vb at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 15:46:26 PST 2005

I backed up my entire CD collection to Flac (350+) to
avoid losing them to scratches, laser burns, etc. Now
I'm wondering how RG affects the Wav file produced
from Flac decompresion if I used the following command
with CDex:

-8 -V -T artist="%a" -T album="%b" -T title="%t" -T
date="%y" -T tracknumber="%tn" -T genre="%g"
--replay-gain -o "%2" "%1"

If I want to burn a new CD from Flac fiels and
decompress the Flac file with Flac Frontend, Cool Edit
(Adobe Audition) or simply drag it into Nero (got
Cole2K plugins installed), is it really an "exact"
copy of the original file or is it permanently
modified by ReplayGain, thus procucing an altered
audio file?