[Flac] FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC

Newcomb, Michael-P57487 Michael.Newcomb at gdc4s.com
Mon Nov 7 07:16:39 PST 2005

Hello FLACers,

I'm just getting started and am using the test suite as a beginning
point. I have combined the stream encoder and decoder tests.

The test encoder uses a 1024 array of integers (initialized 0-7 over and
over again). I take this array and feed it into the encoder and save the
resulting array from the write callback. I then feed that to the decoder
and save the resulting array it writes.

I then walk the arrays comparing their values... THEY MATCH! YAY!

However, I get an error callback, during
stream_decoder_process_until_end_of_stream() call, with the
FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_ERROR_STATUS_LOST_SYNC status.

My question is, data seems to be ok, so, why this error?

Thanks,
Michael