[Flac] CDex and Flac

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 10:04:30 PDT 2005

--- Aaron Whitehouse <lists at whitehouse.org.nz> wrote:
> > Is there a simple
> > utility which can convert FLAC-native to ogg-FLAC without
> re-encoding
> > and translating tags?
> I am still very keen to know the answer to this and to the rest of my
> email! It would be great if the Flac frontend could accept Flac as an
> input; that would allow translation between compressions or
> conversion
> from native to ogg (and vice versa).

no, not yet, but it's possible to go either way without
decoding/re-encoding.

not much supports Ogg FLAC yet, I think mainly because most
players assume codec based on extension, so it is more work to
write an Ogg handler for everything, especially since metadata
is not part of Ogg but the underlying codec.

Josh