[Flac] CDex and Flac

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Sun Jul 3 05:42:35 PDT 2005

Hello again :),

Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
> In addition, and because I am writing anyway, I cannot seem to get it to
> create ogg-flacs. I have tried adding '--ogg' to the beginning of the
> string above and changing the extension, but that seems to yield files
> which are unplayable in any of the players (Winamp with plugin, WMP with
> directshow filters, downloading VLC to test it with that)
Apologies - VLC could play the files so I am left assuming that ogg-Flac
support isn't so great in the rest. I think that I will stick to the
native Flac for now...

> Is there a simple
> utility which can convert FLAC-native to ogg-FLAC without re-encoding
> and translating tags?
I am still very keen to know the answer to this and to the rest of my
email! It would be great if the Flac frontend could accept Flac as an
input; that would allow translation between compressions or conversion
from native to ogg (and vice versa).

Regards,
Aaron

--
For intros to encryption, open source and for a bit of fun, visit:
http://www.whitehouse.org.nz