[Flac] CDex and Flac

Moz list at moz.geek.nz
Sun Jul 3 14:48:36 PDT 2005

Sean Robert Abbey said:
> Aaron Whitehouse wrote:
>>I am using CDex to encode my music into Flac.

I have just finished ripping my 667 CDs into FLAC, and scanning the
artwork. It is very tedious. I used CDex and flac command line because
EAC gave me various problems, mostly with scratched CDs, where CDex in
full paranoia mode worked and I couldn't hear any glitches.

Sorry, but I've never seen that error. You're using flac.exe as the
command line encoder?

>>-8 -o %2 -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%b" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%tn" -T "genre=%g" -

I used the same, but with --best rather than -8 so it doesn't have to
change when the flac crew come up with -9 :)

> I am using EAC currently, that said is it worth using this over it
> or perhaps even both? I'd rather not, but hear CDex has less
> problems on copy protected CDs...

I don't think I have any protected CDs, but either should work. EAC
lets you correct for your CD device more, and is preferred by some
people. I'm happy with CDex.

I also used MAREO for a short time, but have switched to using the
diskwriter plugins for foobar2000 for batch transcoding.

Moz