[Flac] I'm listening to FLAC on my ipod!

Eric Wong eric at petta-tech.com
Thu Jan 20 22:57:33 PST 2005

Just to let you guys know, I've been listening to FLAC (compression
level 2 or lower) tunes on my 3rd generation ipod running ipodlinux
(modified uCLinux) for the past few days.  No skips or slow-downs
whatsoever using MPD to play music.

It's pretty cool to be able to use my iPod for the first time in 7
months. (I could've dual-booted the Apple firmware, but nearly all my
music is in FLAC).  The UI is lacking (I did a very dirty hack of
Podzilla), and I have an unusual amount of trouble working on UI code
anywhere, so I'm hoping someone else can do it for me.

All the code, instructions and more info are here:

http://www.ipodlinux.org/MPD

More information about MPD is here: http://www.musicpd.org

--
Eric Wong