[Flac] FLAC and ID3

Ron Cococcia ron.cococcia at request.com
Thu Jan 6 08:54:47 PST 2005

Hello,

I heard from a coworker that there was something that changed recently
with FLAC and ID3.  I don't have ANY details on what that means, and was
wondering what has changed.  The only thing I see (in the changelog) is
that plugins have removed support for ID3 tags.

I'm curious because I have been using ID3 tags with FLAC (I store extra
data such as album art with my media files, and ID3v2 tags allow me to
do so).  Will this continue to be OK, or is 1.1.1 breaking that
compatibility?  Not that I like ID3v2 or anything, it's not very
pleasant to work with.

Thanks in advance,
Ron