[Flac] xmms plugin segfaults on startup

Jon Niehof jon_niehof at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 24 15:19:57 PDT 2005

I did a completely fresh install (deleted old lib and share
directory and .xmms) of xmms 1.2.10 from source. It works fine,
with no complaint.

Then I installed FLAC 1.1.2 from source (again, fresh install,
deleted old libraries). xmms now segfaults on startup. If I
delete the FLAC plugin, xmms works again.

I tried configuring FLAC with both:
--enable-sse
and
--disable-asm-optimizations --disable-3dnow --enable-debug
with no difference in the result.

Other FLAC functionality works fine--can encode and decode with
command line flac, no problem.

Linux 2.4.29, glibc 2.3.2, gcc 3.3.4, dual Pentium III