[Flac] Decoding via API from a single FLAC file using a cue sheet

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 08:10:07 PDT 2004

--- Lars von Wedel <vonwedel at web.de> wrote:
> I have currently many of my CDs ripped to FLAC to replay them from
> the
> computer. In most cases, there are single files for each track on the
> CD. I like the idea to rip the CD to a single track and add a cue
> sheet
> to the metadata which was recently discussed on the list.
>
> How would I access specific tracks using this approach by means of
> the
> FLAC (or FLAC++) API in my own decoder implementation? Are there seek
> points in the cue sheet that I can use with the seek_absolute
> methods?
> If so, are there any code examples to extract the seek points from
> the
> metadata?

you can use the metadata interface to get the cuesheeet block.
from there you can extract the sample offsets for tracks/indices.

you can see an example of how to get the sample offsets from
a cuesheet in the latest code for flac which implements the
new --cue option:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/flac/flac/src/flac/utils.c?rev=1.6

Josh