[Flac-users] documentation

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 16:08:01 PDT 2003

--- Jure Pecar <pegasus at nerv.eu.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm preparing a little presentation of flac at the local audio club
> and i'm
> looking for some documentation about flac: how/why it came into
> being, some
> technical info ... I've googled up pretty much everything else i
> wanted.

what tech info specifically is missing from the website?  you
can get the how/why from an old version of the front page:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/flac/flac/doc/Attic/index.html?rev=1.58

(see the "message from the maintainer" section)

> Also, i remember an ask slashdot some time ago about flac licence.
> Now i'm
> unable to dig it up ... does anyone have a direct link?

the article:

http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/11/27/1650256&mode=nested&tid=126

the license (after joining Xiph):

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/flac/flac/COPYING.Xiph?rev=1.1