[Flac-users] Undefined PLT symbol "FLAC__plugin_common__init_dither_context"

Curt Sampson cjs at cynic.net
Sat Aug 23 23:14:04 PDT 2003

Well, I've rebuilt flac from the original source, without using the NetBSD
package system, and I'm still seeing the same problem with the XMMS FLAC
plugin:

/usr/pkg/lib/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.so: Undefined PLT symbol "FLAC__plugin_common__init_dither_context" (symnum = 30)

I can see that the symbol is defined in the common library:

$ nm src/plugin_common/libplugin_common.a  | grep init_dither_context
00000880 T FLAC__plugin_common__init_dither_context

But it's never copied out of that library and linked into the xmms plugin:

$ nm src/plugin_xmms/.libs/libxmms-flac.so   | grep init_dither_context
         U FLAC__plugin_common__init_dither_context

Any idea what I should be doing to fix this? Would it be better to post
this question on the developers' list?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs at cynic.net>   +81 90 7737 2974   http://www.NetBSD.org