[Flac-users] Mac Players

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 17:57:02 PDT 2002

--- Sean Owen <wseanowen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Are there any other Mac media players beside MacAmp Lite X that can
> play flac
> files?
>
> I ask because I'm having trouble getting MacAmp Lite X to play m3u
> playlists,
> of which I have over 500.
>
> Are there any alternatives?

There is an FLAC plugin for XMMS, which is part of Fink

  http://fink.sourceforge.net/

Once you have Fink installed you can compile the FLAC plugin
for XMMS from the FLAC source distribution.  Or, I think it
will be available as a package in Fink 10.2 (this is pretty
new).

 From my limited understanding, the holy grail for FLAC on Mac
 would be a QuickTime component.

Josh