[Flac-users] New to the list

Alejandro G. Belluscio baldusi at uol.com.ar
Tue Oct 15 21:16:07 PDT 2002

Hello Brent,

BB> I'm having an issue, however, with non-English CD's which contain
BB> characters with accents or other markings.  These seem to show up as #'s
BB> in the meta information.  This is frustrating my archiving efforts since
BB> the accuracy of file information is lost.
Technically, vorbis comment is UTF-8 by specification. I'm not quite
sure how are you using them. But it may be that either the tagging
application doesn't support UTF-8 or the reading application is either
broken or simply doesn't have the glyphs for rendering the coded
characters.

BB> Is there any way around this issue?  Or are these special characters not
BB> supported yet.  And if the later, are there plans to support this?
UTF supports as many characters as possible on PC. It may be a
limitation of the application, thou.