[Flac-users] New to the list

Brent Bowman bbowman at vistacraft.com
Tue Oct 15 19:33:05 PDT 2002

Hello all, I'm new to the list.

I have been using flac to archive my entire CD collection.  I think this
will take approx. 80 GB (hopefully - that's all the space I've got for
now).

 Anyway, I've been making my own tags with MetaFlac since I didn't find
any default ones (for Artist, Album, Track Title, etc.)  I've been
putting them in Vorbis Comments which seems to be the easiest method to
manipulate and retrieve the data with other scripts.

I'm having an issue, however, with non-English CD's which contain
characters with accents or other markings.  These seem to show up as #'s
in the meta information.  This is frustrating my archiving efforts since
the accuracy of file information is lost.

Is there any way around this issue?  Or are these special characters not
supported yet.  And if the later, are there plans to support this?

Any info on this would be helpfull.

Thanks,

Brent