[Flac-users] flac -t script / test vs. verify

David W. Tamkin dattier at panix.com
Thu Dec 12 22:46:04 PST 2002

First, many thanks to Kerry Hoath (and some to a friend who is not on this
list, but mostly to Kerry) for help with my batch file question.  It's
working, pretty much, but I'm still tweaking it, and I'll share the results
when it's polished to my satisfaction.

Related question: according to the longer help file, if you use the "verify"
option during encoding, flac checks its own work as it goes along, decoding
the bit of flac data it has just calculated and comparing the results to the
.wav data it had used as input.  If you're going to run flac -t later to test
the .flac file, isn't it redundant to have verification on during encoding?
If you know (for example, if you encoded the file yourself) that -V was used
during encoding and that flac reported "Verify OK," is there any reason to
test the file?