[Flac-users] what I'm learning about it

David W. Tamkin dattier at panix.com
Sun Dec 8 12:19:03 PST 2002

I asked,

| OK then, would this work:
|
|  flac -t somefile.flac
|  if errorlevel 1 goto fail
|  echo "somefile.flac verified" >> results.txt
|  goto exit
|  :fail
|  echo "somefile.flac did not verify" >> results.txt
|  :exit
|
| for each flac file?

Yes, it does.

| Now, could I do this for two or more flac files (using two as an example) in
| one batch file ...

 [details deleted]

| or would the duplicate labels cause a problem?

They do, royally.  Execution loops back to the first appearance of the label.

| or maybe this,
|
|  verifyfile01.bat
|  verifyfile02.bat

Nope; each .bat replaces the one that calls it, and command does not return.
There might be another way to do that, but I haven't figured it out.
However, if verify02.bat is the last command in verify01.bat, and verify03.bat
is the last command in verify02.bat, the chaining works.

Still working on it.