[flac-dev] 1.4.0 release candidate

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:19:17 UTC 2022

Op zo 11 sep. 2022 om 07:14 schreef Dave Yeo <dave.r.yeo at gmail.com>:

> Shared configure build builds fine on OS/2, static, libtool wanted to do
> a hard link which fails here. Need to look better and make a bug report
> I guess.
> Tests fail at,
> fractional block size test (blocksize=33 samples=31) encode... ERROR
> make[1]: *** [check] Error 1
> Which I blame on a crappy dd port.
> The build did complain and output a lot of errors in the doxygen phase,
> probably a port or version (1.8.17) problem, not a big deal.
> Seems to be a code page problem with the test suite too,
>
> K:\...\flac-to-flac-metadata-test-files>ls *flac
> ­ƒñö.flac         input-SCVAUP.flac  input-VA.flac
> input-SCPAP.flac  input-SCVPAP.flac  ήΣÎòÎØ.flac
> input-SCVA.flac   input-SVAUP.flac   Pr├©ve.flac
>
> Guess UTF8 file names, libc here is still broken when it comes to UTF
> Thanks for the work on flac,
> Dave

So, is there anything here you think should be fixed in FLAC? I'm not sure
whether any of these are to be blamed on FLAC. I made a mistake in the
release, so I'm planning on releasing FLAC 1.4.1 very soon (in a week or
so). Quite a few build problems have been reported at github, all have been
fixed now, so if you still have anything, please let me know.