[flac-dev] 64-bit residuals

Brian Willoughby brianw at audiobanshee.com
Thu Mar 24 16:59:10 UTC 2022

Can you briefly explain the consequences of this unexpected residual?

Will a 24-bit crafted file be compressed in a lossy way?

Are there tests in the FLAC suite that would reveal this?

Can we add such a crafted 24-bit file to the test suite?

When would the new _ultrawide variants of existing functions be used?

... I ask because my use of FLAC is entirely 24-bit, so I appreciate the discovery of this potential issue.

Brian Willoughby