[flac-dev] New ID registration

Kurosawa, Taku taku.kurosawa at labelgate.com
Thu Nov 22 11:41:21 UTC 2018

Hi Martijn,

Sorry for the late reply again,
The application we are preparing this time is not exactly similar to Replaygain.

Replaygain as we understand is something which normalize the loudness at content provider side, but our application takes different approach. It is designed to normalize the loudness at player side, according to the metadata embedded within the content, which could be relatively big in its size, so it will be unfit for Vorbis comment. Besides that, its concept, format are incompatible with Replaygain, and we are putting effort to add additional features to that in the future, which makes metadata size even bigger.
The Player compatible with will only be the one we are developing, for now.

Best regards,

Taku