[flac-dev] [bug] --keep-foreign-metadata discards WAV cue markers

Nouvelle Collection nouvellecollection at gmail.com
Sun May 13 17:07:31 UTC 2018

Thank you  very much, it works indeed with:
flac -d --keep-foreign-metadata testmarkers.flac

Suggestion for devs:
1) If a file has been compressed with  "--keep-foreign-metadata", then make
"flac -d" decompress the file with metadata *by default*, without having to
also do "--keep-foreign-metadata" during decompression. It makes sense
that, if we compressed with this option enabled, the file should keep the
metadata, also during decompression.

2) Could we enable --stdout also when using "flac -d  --keep-foreign-metadata"?
It would be useful for this purpose:

    md5sum myfile.wav
    flac -d --keep-foreign-metadata myfile.flac --stdout | md5sum

This would allow to compare the original file (including the markers and
metadata) and the result of the decompression of the flac, to be 100% sure
that the metadata are kept in the compressed file.

Best regards.
​