[flac-dev] Using FLAC encoder in my software

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 28 22:44:46 UTC 2018

Stéphane Damo wrote:

> - Should I use libFLAC as static or dynamic library ?

libFALC is BSD licensed. The flac command line program is GPL licened.

Whether you use libFLAC as a static or dynamic library is totally up
to you.

> - No problem including it in a GPL program ?

No problems as long as you abide by the licenses. There are no issues
whatsoever using a BSD licensed library (either statically or dynamically
linked) in a GPL program.

> - I've added Josh Coalson and Xiph.Org Foundation in the credits. Is it
> enough or should I copy some more legal text somewhere ?

That is more than sufficient.

Erik