[flac-dev] Using FLAC encoder in my software

Stéphane Damo stephane.damo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 18:57:45 UTC 2018

Hello

I'm the developer of the newly released FM Composer, an open source music
software featuring a tracker and an FM synthesizer : http://fmcomposer.org

It's currently under GPL v3.

I've added a FLAC export feature for the next version to be released, using
libFLAC. I'm not really sure about what I can do, even after reading the
copyright notice...

- Should I use libFLAC as static or dynamic library ?
- No problem including it in a GPL program ?
- I've added Josh Coalson and Xiph.Org Foundation in the credits. Is it
enough or should I copy some more legal text somewhere ?

Thanks in advance for your help :)