[flac-dev] libFLAC optimizations request

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sat Feb 3 09:10:01 UTC 2018

Gabriel Corneanu wrote:

> Is this interesting for the project?

I would theoretically accept a patch that allows direct access to the
functionality you seek, as long as it doesn't change the existing API.

> If yes, how should I share it? As a patch against current git?

Probably easiest as as PR against:

   https://github.com/xiph/flac/

> Other small details:
> - I commented out by default the vorbis comment; if this is important
> to be kept, I would like an option (e.g. I could save ~100MB out of
> ~1.1GB compressed data).

I'm  pretty sure this default vorbis comment is part of the official
specfication of FLAC and hence should probably not even be made optional.
You can probably avoid it by using the library directly instead of using
the flac command line program.

Erik