[flac-dev] libFLAC optimizations request

Gabriel Corneanu gabrielcorneanu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 11:39:01 UTC 2018

Hello again,

After some time, I succeeded in splitting "flush" and "restart"
functions. A quick measurement gives me ~25% speed improvement, which
is quite a lot. Of course this optimization is specific for this use
case (many short signals).

Is this interesting for the project? I would gladly contribute it...
If yes, how should I share it? As a patch against current git?

Other small details:
- I commented out by default the vorbis comment; if this is important
to be kept, I would like an option (e.g. I could save ~100MB out of
~1.1GB compressed data).
- I allowed ".._set_total_samples_estimate" in initialized state
(intended to be used between flush and restart), in order to generate
a proper streaminfo header; it seems to be otherwise harmless even if
misused.

Regards,
Gabriel