[flac-dev] Seek failure with very short files

Luke Bradford lbradford at izotope.com
Mon Nov 21 20:25:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you both for your replies. I will try to put together a repro case
when I get a chance.

In our case, we are recording audio directly into FLAC files, so they can
end up with very short durations. Since I sent my first email, I have also
seen this reproduce with longer files.

Thanks,

Luke

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Federico Miyara <fmiyara at fceia.unr.edu.ar>
wrote:

> I was wondering when it would be useful to compress very short audio
> files. The answer may be when there are lots of files, for instance in the
> case of sound fonts, or a large collection of transients. Probably it would
> be better to compress the whole collection as a single large file obtained
> by juxtaposing the short clips, with cues or marks to separate the original
> files. May be this allows a more efficient way to deal with headers.
>
> Federico
>
> On 21/11/2016 16:28, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>
> Luke Bradford wrote:
>

> I am not set up to easily put together a minimal repro, but I can work on
> that if this is difficult for others to reproduce.
>
> I was hoping to tackle this last weekend but I didn't manage to find
> time. A small test case would be very useful indeed.
>
> Erik

Luke Bradford
Senior Software Engineer
luke at izotope.com