[flac-dev] Lets do a 1.3.2 release

Dave Yeo dave.r.yeo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 22:47:10 PST 2016

On 01/08/16 02:56 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> HI all,
>
> I think its time for a new release. The current code base is stable
> and I've been building it for x86_64/linux, powerpc/linux, armhf/linux,
> x86_64/darwin in a Jenkins build bot. I'm pretty sure others have been
> building regularly on their platforms of interest

Seems that the default binutils on OS/2 is too old to support AVX2,
attached patch works around this. Not the best solution as best would be
configure tests, but simple.
I'll file a bug about this but it'll be a while before anything is done
about it.
After this the build dies with,
util.c: In function 'benchmark_function':
util.c:124:17: error: 'CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID' undeclared (first use
in this function)
   clock_gettime (CLOCK_PROCESS_CPUTIME_ID, &start) ;

Would using gettimeofday() be accurate enough? Perhaps simpler just to
disable the microbench test on OS/2 as gettimeofday() would require a
configure test and OS/2 is a minor platform?
Dave