[flac-dev] 1.3.2pre3 (Hopefully final)

Robert Kausch robert.kausch at freac.org
Thu Dec 22 14:01:31 UTC 2016

Am 22.12.2016 um 14:31 schrieb Declan Kelly:
> Do you have any of the popular front-end software that rips from CD and
> then performs the encoding in parallel?
>
> Do we have any front-end developers on this list?
I'm the developer of fre:ac that supports parallel encoding with both
libFLAC and the command line encoder.
> Most of them use a DOS window for the encoder (flac.exe or LAME for mp3)
> instead of using libFLAC (or the mp3 equivalent). I would be concerned
> that at least one of these might not work with the latest flac.exe .
I briefly tested libFLAC 1.3.2pre1 and and found no issues. Parallel
encoding with flac.exe also should be no problem as every instance of
flac.exe is a separate process.

I'll do some more tests with pre3 later today.

----
Robert Kausch
robert.kausch at freac.org