[flac-dev] 1.3.2pre3 (Hopefully final)

Declan Kelly flac-dev at groov.ie
Thu Dec 22 13:31:37 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 12:19:21AM +0000, oresteszoupanos at hotmail.com wrote:

> For what it's worth, I tested both the 32- and 64-bit flac.exe's on my
> Windows 10, with about 45 WAV files I have.
>
> Got some warnings about unexpected metadata, but the audio was encoded
> fine. Using the --keep-foreign-metadata flag cleared those warnings.

Excellent!

Do you have any of the popular front-end software that rips from CD and
then performs the encoding in parallel?

Do we have any front-end developers on this list?

Most of them use a DOS window for the encoder (flac.exe or LAME for mp3)
instead of using libFLAC (or the mp3 equivalent). I would be concerned
that at least one of these might not work with the latest flac.exe .

--
-Dec.
---