[flac-dev] FLAC implementation in Windows 10

Declan Kelly flac-dev at groov.ie
Sun Jul 19 12:37:15 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 03:16:56PM -0700, brianw at audiobanshee.com wrote:

> There might even be a good reason for Microsoft to use the lowest compression level: it probably takes less CPU to compress and decompress, compared to the maximum compression ratios.

There might be a CPU "sweet spot" for Bandcamp, in terms of overall
server costs. Every FLAC that I have ever downloaded from Bandcamp
(whether free or paid, high-def or Red Book Stereo) has not been
compressed with the maximum level. I wrote a shell script to repack FLAC
files at the maximum compression level, optionally with comments saved
to a separate text file (if they contain lyrics or extensive notes).

--
-Dec.
---