[flac-dev] New release

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 07:06:18 PST 2014

Martijn van Beurden wrote:

> - i686-pc-mingw32, GCC 4.8.1

By the way...
Currently FLAC defaults to -msse2, and it's not possible to
compile SSSE3/SSE4.1/AVX2 intrinsics with GCC 4.8.x and older
versions. So official x86 binaries (if any) should be compiled
with GCC 4.9.x. Or with MSVS 2013, but in my tests it provides
slower binaries than GCC.

> Considering Windows binaries: in case no new binaries are
> provided, please at least remove the old ones from sourceforge.
> As can be gleaned from some bug reports, support requests etc.
> on sourceforge, people are still happily downloading old versions.

So they won't be able to find and download anything?