[flac-dev] PATCH: OS SSE support detection, version 2

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 22:15:27 PDT 2014

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

>> part 1: fixes
>>
>> part 2: new code
>>
>> Any comments?
>
> Applied cpu_part2.patch. Thanks!

Thanks. I hope that this code will help to avoid "bug" reports
such as http://sourceforge.net/p/flac/bugs/409/ (it seems that
the author of this report compiled FLAC without --enable-sse option).

OTOH, SSE support is unavailable only in Win95 and WinNT. Also,
as Martijn van Beurden pointed out, flac.exe doesn't support Win95
(and also 98/Me) since version 1.3.0, and nobody complained about it.

Maybe it's better and simpler to change configure.ac so that --enable-sse
is on by default if the target OS is Windows?

About part 1:does it have any problems? I can split it into several patches
(1 fix = 1 patch) or explain the changes in it in detail.