[flac-dev] PATCH: OS SSE support detection for GCC on Windows

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:03:55 PDT 2014

op 11-03-14 15:57, Olivier Tristan schreef:
> I may say something stupid but is this helpful ?
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6121792/how-to-check-if-a-cpu-supports-the-sse3-instruction-set

That question on stackoverflow is about CPU support, the patch
you replied to was about OS support. Because of the registers
used (which must be saved and restored on a context switch), the
OS must support a certain instruction set or the program will
crash. AFAIK the detection of those things is unrelated.

op 09-03-14 22:26, lvqcl schreef:
> One way to fix it is to call configure script with --enable-sse
> (flac will probably crash on Win95/WinNT4 but who cares).

FLAC already wasn't working on Windows 98 and older because of
the UTF-8 implementation that was merged for flac 1.3.0, so no
one will care I guess.