[flac-dev] Lets work towards a new version

lvqcl lvqcl.mail at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 06:59:59 PDT 2014

Ralph Giles <giles at thaumas.net> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:15:27 +0400:

> FWIW, the other xiph codecs have parallel sets of MSVC project files
> under the win32 directory. We did this because while newer versions can
> generally open/update older project files, the reverse is true and many
> developers said they weren't upgrading.
>
> libogg has separate project files for VS2003, VS2005, VS2008, VS2010,
> and VS6.

MSVS 2005 project for libogg contains 2 *.vcproj files in a win32/VS2005 folder.
In FLAC, there are 27 *.vcproj files scattered all over its source tree.
It's a complicated task to move them into one separate folder.

> That said, for Opus we've only been maintaining VS2010 project files
> (tested with both VS2010 and VS2013 Express) and haven't had any
> complaints. I'd suggest a single set of project files which work with a
> previous but recent release of the free Visual Studio Express, and see
> if that works for people.

VS 2010/2102/2013 project files are forward and backward compatible.
But it's not possible to open them with older versions such as VS2005
and VS2008, and unfortunately there are developers that still use these versions.