[flac-dev] Lets work towards a new version

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Thu Jun 19 06:15:27 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-19 6:01 AM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> Ok, Audacity is not a good example to follow. We need to find out
> what some other common used cross platform project is doing. Preferably
> more than one project.

FWIW, the other xiph codecs have parallel sets of MSVC project files
under the win32 directory. We did this because while newer versions can
generally open/update older project files, the reverse is true and many
developers said they weren't upgrading.

libogg has separate project files for VS2003, VS2005, VS2008, VS2010,
and VS6.

That said, for Opus we've only been maintaining VS2010 project files
(tested with both VS2010 and VS2013 Express) and haven't had any
complaints. I'd suggest a single set of project files which work with a
previous but recent release of the free Visual Studio Express, and see
if that works for people.

 -r