[flac-dev] Modified metaflac add --output-json

Waitman Gobble gobble.wa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:04:39 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 6:17 AM, Барт Гопник <bart.gopnik at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Ok I will give it a try and see what I can come up with.
>
> > Is the most interesting data the [frame] and [subframe] info?
>
> > Is the qlp_coeff[], warmpup[] and parameter[] data for each
> frame/subframe important?
>
> Yes, it would be nice if MetaFLAC will show minimum and maximum values
> of parameters (if are not constant/fixed) for the stream.
>
> And it would be VERY NICE if you implement "--is-subset" switch.
> "metaflac --is-subset" command should show "true" if stream is subset
> and "false" if stream is not "subset".
>
> What parameters need to test/check for subset compliance?
>
> If one or more of the following statements is true the stream is NOT
> subset.
>
> sample size in bits = not (8 or 12 or 16 or 20 or 24)
> or
> min_partition_order > 8
> or
> max_partition_order > 8
> or
> min_prediction_order > 12 and samplerate <= 48000
> or
> max_prediction_order > 12 and samplerate <= 48000
> or
> frame_size > 4608 and samplerate <= 48000
> or
> frame_size > 16384
>
> Thanks in advance!

Is there an example flac file with subsets?

I think the .ana file created by flac -a [fname] is super easy to parse..
here is an example that reads and puts in database. after you have it in a
database you can query stuff.

https://github.com/waitman/inflaca

this db insert work could also be done in flac/analyze.c  but i'm under
time constraints at the moment.

--
Waitman Gobble
Los Altos California USA