[flac-dev] Modified metaflac add --output-json

Барт Гопник bart.gopnik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 06:17:51 PST 2014

>> Ok I will give it a try and see what I can come up with.

> Is the most interesting data the [frame] and [subframe] info?

> Is the qlp_coeff[], warmpup[] and parameter[] data for each frame/subframe important?

Yes, it would be nice if MetaFLAC will show minimum and maximum values
of parameters (if are not constant/fixed) for the stream.

And it would be VERY NICE if you implement "--is-subset" switch.
"metaflac --is-subset" command should show "true" if stream is subset
and "false" if stream is not "subset".

What parameters need to test/check for subset compliance?

If one or more of the following statements is true the stream is NOT subset.

sample size in bits = not (8 or 12 or 16 or 20 or 24)
or
min_partition_order > 8
or
max_partition_order > 8
or
min_prediction_order > 12 and samplerate <= 48000
or
max_prediction_order > 12 and samplerate <= 48000
or
frame_size > 4608 and samplerate <= 48000
or
frame_size > 16384

Thanks in advance!