[flac-dev] GCC/clang compilation issues

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 13:29:42 PST 2014

Op 07-12-14 om 20:43 schreef Oliver Stöneberg:
> Also I mentioned in my first mail, that I have no idea what
> the intention of that code is, so maybe just telling that
> instead of telling me might have given me the change to fix it
> myself and then submit that.

That part of the code tries to read some (partly) user-generated
input: the -A functions. If you invoke flac -A tukey(0.5) -A
gauss(0.2) -A flattop the content of the variable specification
central to that part of the code will be
tukey(0.5);gauss(0.2);flattop

The partial_tukey and punchout_tukey functions have a varying
number of parameters. The first is an integer stating a number
of functions, the second (p) is a fraction between 0 and 1
describing the tukey function, and the overlap is a fraction
between -inf and 1 describing the overlap of the functions,
where negative overlaps mean that there are gaps between the
functions.

So, the problem here is that there is some input, read with
strtod, but cast to an integer. It isn't something critical
(technically, entering a non-integer number there would be
invalid) so it is probably best to ignore it I suppose.