[flac-dev] Patch to fix compiler warnings and error status collisions

Lenny Maiorani lenny at colorado.edu
Sun Apr 6 20:43:45 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am new around here, so I am not sure of all your procedures for submitting patches/pull requests.

The attached patch fixes all Clang compilation warnings.

Note, some of these warnings were real problems. There is the potential for API users to misinterpret the state being returned since the return variable was of type FLAC__StreamDecoderState, but the value being returned was FLAC__StreamDecoderInitStatus. When FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_INIT_STATUS_ALREADY_INITIALIZED was returned in this case it was indistinguishable from FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_OGG_ERROR.

Is there somewhere that I can push the patch so that it can easily be pulled into the repository or does one of the maintainers just apply the patch and attribute the credit in the commit message?

Thanks,
-Lenny