[flac-dev] Performance checks

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:06:24 PDT 2013

On 28-05-13 19:38, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> I'm always interested in performance tests :).

In that case I hope you saw the previous one, because the decoding
speed-up was credited to be one of your patches, according to some
people over at HydrogenAudio:
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/2013-March/003856.html

Really, great stuff ;)

> I think if you are setting CFLAGS you need to include also the
> optimizations flags, e.g. "-m32 -O3 -funroll-loops" to match the
> default CFLAGS.

Oh, I thought I was appending flags. Anyway, thanks, that solved the
problem. I didn't know compiler flags could make such an enormous
difference. It will take me a few hours to rerun the test however.