[flac-dev] Real-world tests (commit 300d17c)

Martijn van Beurden mvanb1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:50:00 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I just finished running the scripts I used to write the lossless audio
codec comparison that is on the FLAC website. The results are in the PDF
linked below. As you can see, compression is exactly the same but
decompression is about 15% faster. As expected, all results were lossless.

http://www.icer.nl/misc_stuff/FLAC-1.3.0-results.pdf

For more information on the used test corpus see
http://flac.sourceforge.net/comparison.html. I ran the scripts 3 times,
once with FLAC 1.2.1 as shipped with Kubuntu 12.10, once with FLAC 1.2.1
as compiled from the sources and once with FLAC 1.3.0pre2 (commit
300d17c). This test took about 12 hours.