[flac-dev] Patch to add Unicode filename support for win32 flac

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Tue Mar 19 04:59:19 PDT 2013

On 18.3.2013 12:25, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> JonY wrote:
>
>> Before anyone does anything, see __wgetmainargs
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff770599.aspx>.
>>
>> It can expand wildcards. Since it already provides argc/argv/env, it is
>> more a less a drop-in replacement for the main() arguments.
> +1
>
> Erik

Alright, here's a patch utilizing this function. There's a lot of
changes here.
Project files have a new configuration called "Release (UTF8)", intended
to be used when building the command line tools. This project has the
required UTF-8 define in place so all libraries expect things in encoded
format.
Regular Debug and Release configurations do not use any new tricks so
existing projects won't break when compiled with those settings.

I'm at work and couldn't do extensive testing, but command line FLAC.exe
seems to perform everything right with this.

Metaflac probably requires some minor tweaks but I wanted to show some
progress so that 1.3 doesn't slip out the door while I'm busy.