[flac-dev] Can't cross-compile from git now.

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:18:18 PDT 2013

On 3/13/2013 03:50, Dave Yeo wrote:
> On 03/12/13 12:39 pm, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>> For the Linux ->  Windows cross compile for instance, this detects
>> SSP as working, but when I compile it fails with:
>>
>>      CC     stream_encoder_framing.lo
>>      CC     window.lo
>>      CCLD   libFLAC.la
>>    Creating library file: .libs/libFLAC.dll.a
>>    .libs/metadata_iterators.o:metadata_iterators.c:(.text+0x8d): undefined reference to `___stack_chk_guard'
>>    .libs/metadata_iterators.o:metadata_iterators.c:(.text+0x121): undefined reference to `___stack_chk_guard'
>>    .libs/metadata_iterators.o:metadata_iterators.c:(.text+0x14f): undefined reference to `___stack_chk_fail'
>>
>> The odd thinh is, if I use this MinGW cross-compiler to compile a small
>> program, it works perfectly. The problem aboce is related to building
>> a Windows DLL.
>
> I can get around the undefined symbol errors by doing make LDFLAGS=-lssp
> Perhaps Windows and FreeBSD will also work if linked against ssp.a /
> ssp.dll. OF course this introduces another dependency.
> Dave

Dave, my toolchain automatically links libssp already, I am using
vanilla sources.

Erik,

Why not also check if -lssp is required? If the toolchain has SSP
disabled it should not be passing. Check onces without -lssp and another
time with -lssp if it failed.

Also, I don't think a trivial hello world will cause SSP code to be
emitted, try adding some arrays in stack with a deliberate overrun
possibility for the link test.