[flac-dev] Updated MSVC patch

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri Mar 8 02:14:51 PST 2013

Ben Allison wrote:

> This is the delta that should fix everything up.
> I hope that #include "share/compat.h" is acceptable from the test_streams
> binary.

Yes, the share/* header files are shared between the library internals,
the test suite programs and flac and metaflac binary executables.

>  If not, you can probably change it to FLAC/ordinals.h instead

Are the changes for FLAC/ordinals.h really necessary? Yhe FLAC/*.h
header files specify libFLAC's public API. In a previous thread on
this mailing list back in February we decided that for compilers
that didn't supply <stdint.h> the developer should supply something
suitable. Here's the commit:

    commit c506b2f43e2fadd70141322c774bc196c2c65cc3
    Author: Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd at mega-nerd.com>
    Date:   Fri Feb 10 19:19:11 2012 +1100

        include/FLAC/ordinals.h : Remove CPP hackery.

        This change assumes that a C99 <stdint.h> header is available. For
        compilers where that is not the case, the user should provide a
        minimal replacement header.

I've also just updated the commemt above the #include <stdint.h> to say:

  /* If your compiler does not provide <stdint.h> you should provide a replacement
   * which has suitable replacements for the following intX_T and uintX_t types.
   * For example:
   *     http://msinttypes.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stdint.h
   *     http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/pstdint.h
   */

Is this not an acceptable solution? Its kind of neater and MSVC really
is the only compiler I know of that doesn't have <stdint.h>.

 > Also don't forget to commit my earlier VERSION="1.3.0" patch.  You can add
> the "pre1" in a normal text editor without risk.

Yep applied that as well, modifying the version string as you suggested.

Cheers,
Erik