[flac-dev] Fwd: flac 1.3.0pre1 prelease

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Mar 4 12:21:49 PST 2013

Ben Allison wrote:

> Here's another go at it.  I only have VS2008 and VS2010 to test with right
> now.  VS6.0, VS2003 and VS2005 are untested.

Thanks for your work on this Ben.

> I would recommend using FLAC__uint32 instead of uint32_t to avoid these
> small #if _MSC_VER < xxxx things everywhere, although I completely
> understand the desire to use C99 types.

If we add _MSC_VER guarded definitions of the C99 type we need to
include/share/compat.h then we should need the little #ifdefs
everywhere.

My general rules for this is:

 a) If its in the public header file don't mess with it too much (your
    MSVC changes to use __intXX are fine).

 b) If its code internal to the library use C99 type is possible.

 c) If its internal to the library and i needs tweaking for a particular
    compiler, add it to include/share/compat.h and include that header
    where needed.

> I've only done libFLAC, because I'm not as familiar with the rest of the
> codebase.  But I will make another pass today with the other library and
> binaries.

Great, thanks!

Cheers,
Erik