[flac-dev] Fwd: flac 1.3.0pre1 prelease

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Mar 3 16:31:37 PST 2013

Ben Allison wrote:

> >> * change instances of uint32_t in bitwriter.c to FLAC__uint32
> >
> > Can we include <inttypes.h> to fix this instead?
>
> Sadly there is no inttypes.h on MSVC.  At least versions to Visual Studio
> 2010.  I presume this is why ordinal.h was created in the first place.

I'm not sure how Josh came to do it that way. In general, I prefer not to
create a bunch of types that overload what should be standard types.

For this release I would not change any type that appears as FLAC_whatever
in the public API, but for types defined internally I would prefer to stick
with the standard C99 types.

Maybe something like this:

    http://stackoverflow.com/posts/127166/revisions

from the SO question:

   http://stackoverflow.com/questions/126279/c99-stdint-h-header-and-ms-visual-studio

Will help.

> I'll use the compat.h header for the __inline fix and move the function
> definitions to the header file and redo the patch.

Thanks! YOu may also want to add the stdint.h style typedefs to that same file.

Cheers,
Erik