[flac-dev] Fwd: flac 1.3.0pre1 prelease

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Sun Mar 3 12:00:23 PST 2013

Ben Allison wrote:

> Visual Studio files (which don't use config.h, but define various things
> in the project settings) are compiling with the wrong FLAC version string
> (1.2.0 or 1.2.1)

Is there really no other way to set the version string?

> I've attached the patch.

Thanks. I'm wondering if it really should be 1.3.0 and not 1.3.0pre1
which is more accurate at least for now.

> Maintaining Visual Studio project files in a cross-platform open-source

Quite honestly I'm a little surprised it worked at all :-).

> project tends to be a pain unless one of the principal developers is using
> it on a daily basis (as I know you've experienced with libsndfile, Erik).

Yes, painfully aware of this. I'll be relying on others to keep the VS
project files up-to-date.

Erik