[flac-dev] Tag flac as flac 1.2.1_git

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Thu Jan 17 09:27:20 PST 2013

On 13-01-16 11:10 PM, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> My understanding is that the recent changes for 7 and 8 channels was
> a documentation change only.

I think we should also change the flac front-end utility to construct
and interpret the WAVE channel mask for 7 and 8 channel files. No one
has written that patch yet.

FWIW I generally agree with Erik that 1.3.x is justified by the long
period without a point release. Adding a channel mapping for 7 and 8
channel files is a small spec addition, and doesn't have a serious
effect on deployed implementations.

 -r