[flac-dev] Tag flac as flac 1.2.1_git

Jaren Stangret sirjaren at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 18:33:32 PST 2013

I agree on everything you said.  I did not intend or expect to have
pre-release flac bundled with software, but can understand the dismay at my
earlier request.

If people think there should be a snapshot version for testing, I'm all for
it, especially now that the build system has undergone some changes.  I
found that for some source distros, the removal of autogen.sh's prior
features and the removal of config.rpath caused a little headache (easily
fixed).

Whether we name it 1.2.2pre or 1.2.2snapshot or something entirely
different, is just fine.  I guess I was making the point that if a new
release is in the works, some sort of pre-release to test would be nice.

On a different note, are the test scripts dependent on POSIX environments?
Or is there some allowance for bash/korn?