[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Mon Apr 8 11:38:56 PDT 2013

Friendly people on Hydrogenaudio found some bugs with the Unicode
printing code, so I was forced to make adjustments.

While doing testing I noticed that long filenames cause printing bugs on
Linux too. If line length on status printing exceeded console length it
kept printing the same line over and over.
The patch I included fixes encoding side nicely, but on decoding side
there is still minor glitch left. On long lines the final status of the
decoding will still be printed on its own line.

The Unicode printing patch no longer relies on character counts returned
by fwprintf function as that didn't match reality. And I switched to use
WriteConsole command when output isn't redirected so that special
characters can be printed. They were replaced by question marks with
fwprintf. Fixing fwprintf output would have required setting console
mode to UTF-16 and that would have required all print functions to be
replaced by wide char variants. Use of regular ansi function would
instantly crash the program in that mode.