[flac-dev] flac 1.3.0pre3 pre-release

Janne Hyvärinen cse at sci.fi
Mon Apr 8 11:38:56 PDT 2013

Friendly people on Hydrogenaudio found some bugs with the Unicode 
printing code, so I was forced to make adjustments.

While doing testing I noticed that long filenames cause printing bugs on 
Linux too. If line length on status printing exceeded console length it 
kept printing the same line over and over.
The patch I included fixes encoding side nicely, but on decoding side 
there is still minor glitch left. On long lines the final status of the 
decoding will still be printed on its own line.

The Unicode printing patch no longer relies on character counts returned 
by fwprintf function as that didn't match reality. And I switched to use 
WriteConsole command when output isn't redirected so that special 
characters can be printed. They were replaced by question marks with 
fwprintf. Fixing fwprintf output would have required setting console 
mode to UTF-16 and that would have required all print functions to be 
replaced by wide char variants. Use of regular ansi function would 
instantly crash the program in that mode.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: flac_patches.zip
Type: application/x-zip-compressed
Size: 2668 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/flac-dev/attachments/20130408/8ab38db2/attachment.bin 

More information about the flac-dev mailing list